With the Spring Equinox just around the corner, hints of the coming season of renewal are well underway. There are small pink buds on my cherry tree in my front yard. I am anticipating the day that is warm enough to open the windows and let in the fresh air once again.
It’s natural to want to cleanse this time of year, whether it’s cleaning your house or your body. I love going through drawers and closets and purging old things I no longer need or want, gathering items for donation. I also enjoy using herbs and essential oils to cleanse and detoxify my body.
Danny and I came up with a springtime herbal blend a few years ago designed to cleanse the liver, blood and digestion. It is a gentle cleansing and nearly anyone can do it. Don’t worry, it’s not something you need to stay home on a Saturday camped out in the bathroom to do. The effects are noticeable and rewarding. And while some people may experience a “health crisis” (a greater purging of toxins), most don’t find it to be all that dramatic.
Our experience using this herbal blend was that by the end of the day, we both felt lighter, we could breathe easier and we noticed that we felt happier. No longer feeing weighed down by the sludge of winter, we felt renewed and ready to take on the spring.
Springtime Herbal Detox Blend
To purchase the blend with full instructions, click here.
- Burdock Root Arctium lappa – Increases health and vitality, releases water retention, promotes circulation, and one of the best blood purifiers.
- Chamomile Flower Matricaria – Reduces inflammation, eases indigestion, calming and soothing.
- Dandelion Root Taraxacum officinale – Releases water retention, relaxes body, mind and spirit, purifies kidney and liver.
- Fennel Seed Foeniculum vulgare – Aromatic, relieves gas and bloating, used with purgatives to relieve gripping.
- Licorice Root Glycyrrhiza glabra – Releases water retention, tonifies the liver by restoring it to a healthier function.
- Peppermint Leaf Mentha piperita - Relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, antioxidant, aromatic.
Making and drinking this herbal infusion in the springtime will improve digestion by cleansing the liver and blood, ridding the body of the toxins that built up over the winter months. *
Our holistic therapeutic products are meant to be used alongside traditional medical treatments prescribed by your doctor. Please consult with your doctor before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.