Spring is in the air and many of us are feeling the urge to not only be outside in the fresh air, but to start switching our diet from the heavy comfort foods of winter to the lighter fare of the first fresh greens of Spring. It is natural that after a winter of stored food the body starts to want fresh food, with its higher load of vitamins and essential nutrients. It is looking to restore what may have been depleted during the colder months. Ok, so this is not so much of a concern in the modern world when we have the luxury of eating the same food year-round regardless of the season. However, its instinct to crave what is in season around us and eating local means that the food we consume is fresher and has a higher nutrient content.
One addition we can make to our diet to support our body’s systems and our overall wellness is herbs. The right herbs, as tea or tincture, can encourage our immune system to kick into higher gear, it can help the liver in its daily work of cleansing and detoxifying the body, and it can give you an overall boost to your energy. Sure, the body is in a constant state of detoxifying itself, that is what the liver is designed to do. The right blend of herbs can support this process and make it even more efficient, leaving you feeling lighter and more energized.
Some herbs that you might find helpful are:
- Burdock Root Arctium lappa – Increases health and vitality, releases water retention, promotes circulation, and is one of the best blood purifiers.
- Dandelion Root Taraxacum officinale – Releases water retention, relaxes body, mind and spirit, purifies kidney and liver.
- Fennel Seed Foeniculum vulgare – Aromatic, relieves gas and bloating, used with purgatives to relieve gripping.
- Licorice Root Glycyrrhiza glabra – Releases water retention, tonifies the liver by restoring it to a healthier function.
- Milk Thistle Seed Silybum marianum - supports the liver's natural detoxification process.
- Barberry Root Berberis vulgaris - Tonic, purgative, antiseptic. Good for digestive concerns.
- Ginger Root Zingiber officinale - Stimulant, carminative, great for healing an array of digestive issues.
For your convenience we have already combined these helpful herbs into our Herbal Detox Blend, and it comes with full instructions. Making and drinking this herbal infusion can help improve digestion by cleansing the liver and blood, ridding the body of the toxins that build up over the winter months. *
Our holistic therapeutic products are meant to be used alongside traditional medical treatments prescribed by your doctor. Please consult with your doctor before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.