These are a staple in my house, I try to make a batch of them every weekend (although I've slipped on that lately). My husband loves being able to just throw a couple in his lunch bag as he walks out the door and munch them during the morning.
The fillings are infinitely versatile, you can use bacon and cheese (his favorite). or you can stack them up with vegetables, I love them with mushrooms and onions as well as bacon. You really are limited only by your own preferences and what you have on hand.
So long as you chop the meat and vegetables up fairly fine, pretty much anything works.
These will keep in the fridge for 5 days (good luck making them last that long) and are awesome cold, or reheated for a minute in the microwave.
Make Ahead Egg Muffins
- 12 eggs
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 oz. bacon or breakfast meat of your choice
- 6 oz. shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. lay bacon out on a cookie sheet and let it bake for 20 - 25 minutes while you prep vegetables and eggs.
- When bacon is cooked, let it cool down so you can handle it without burning yourself and lower the oven temperature to 350°F
- Grease a muffin tin thoroughly with butter or olive oil spray.
- Chop scallions and bacon and add to the bottom of the tin.
- Whisk eggs together with herbs, pour on top of the scallions and bacon.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, depending on the size of the muffin tin.
Magically speaking, how can you go wrong when you have the completetion energy of cheese matched with the fetility and rejuvination energy of eggs?
Obviously how you change the ingredients is going to tweak the energies slightly in different directions. But the main thrust is going to come from the eggs and the cheese.
Egg: fertility, spirituality, rejuvenation, mysteries
Parsley: protection, purification, astral travel, funerals, accidents, poisoning, mood, appetite, liminal, otherworlds, ancestors
Cheese: completion, enhancing energy
Bacon: Strength; fertility; luck; prosperity; longevity