Or it was until i found this recipe.
It's gooey and saucy and has all the flavors of lasagna, along with a tasty chicken breast that simply can not dry out during cooking, minus all the carbs that come in pasta. For this you could use the pasta sauce recipe i posted a couple of months back, or whatever your favorite sauce is.
I just wish i could remember exactly what website i found this on so i could credit the creator.
- 3/4 c. ricotta
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. marinara
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1/4 of ricotta mixture.
Arrange stuffed chicken in the bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil.
Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Discard excess juices in pan.
Change oven to broil and top the chicken with remaining 1 cup marinara, remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
Garnish with basil before serving.
- Cheese: completion, enhancing energy
- egg: fertility, spirituality, rejuvenation, mysteries
- basil: love, protection, harmony, money
- salt: protection, banishing, exorcism
- black pepper: cleansing, purification, banishing, protection
- chicken: health, healing, fertility, nurturing
- olive oil: Fidelity, marriage, peace, protection
Leave a comment