When you think of a Kitchen Witch your mind instantly conjures up pictures of the woman standing over the fire cooking up delicious treats seemingly out of nowhere. Even if she gave you her recipes you can't duplicate that special taste she manages to imbue her creations with.
That's because the kitchen witch has a secret. She knows that everything is energy, all our food contains its own unique energy that can be harnessed and tweaked to make each recipe something truly special when it comes from her kitchen. She knows that by selecting her ingredients with care and mixing them with mindful intention she creates foods that can change the way we view the world if only for a little while.
Recipes that are boring in the hands of someone that simply cooks become works of art when prepared by the hands of the witch who can feel the energy in the ingredients. It's the difference between a chocolate chip cookie from a packet mix and one from grandma's kitchen. They may use the same ingredients, but the one baked with love and intention not only tastes the best but fills you with that sense of home and safety.
Each month I'll be bringing you a new recipe, some you may know well, some may be totally new to you. Along with the recipe we'll look at the properties of the dominant ingredients. Once you know those energies you can cook mindfully and match your recipes to whatever is going on around you.
Macaroni And Cheese
Probably the quintessential comfort food, true home made Mac and cheese is worlds away from its orange powdered grocery store cousin.
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 package elbow macaroni noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4-5 grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground Paprika
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed Cheddar cheese Or any combination of cheeses you like
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Add your macaroni noodles and cook until tender yet firm according to package directions.
- In a saucepan(or the pan you just cooked your noodles in), melt 1/4 cup butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly until it begins to soften. As you stir, focus on your intentions for this meal. The energies of these ingredients blend well with any magic to add mothering, comfort and nurturing.
- Add the seasonings and stir them in well.
- Continue to cook and stir till cream cheese is melted and you have a lovely smooth sauce. Again, remember to focus on your intent, see the people you are feeding feeling whole and secure and loved.
- Stir in the macaroni, cheese cubes. Amp up the intention, If you know of areas that your guests need that extra mothering in, speak it now. Otherwise just pour all your feelings of love and encouragement into this dish.
- Keep stirring over low heat till everything starts to integrate.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of breadcrumbs and bake at 350°f until brown and crispy.
- Cover and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
What makes this the ultimate comfort food?
When you look at the main ingredients, the cheese is an amplifier, raising the energy of anything it is placed with.
Butter contains the nurturing qualities of milk solidified. When you mix it with other ingredients it adds sticking power to their energies. It also helps smooth over rough patches and helps people to communicate with each other.
Mustard Seed helps with raising your courage which explains why you feel ready to face anything after a bowl of mac and cheese.
Turmeric is not only anti inflammatory but it also is a magical purifier. Here it works hand in hand with the comforting mother of the cheese to help you cast off the cares of the day.
Paprika adds energy to anything it is mixed with so it amplifies the effect of the main ingredients.
Wheat from the flour is not only the happy earthy energies of the plant and the goddess Demeter, it also attracts money and adds fertility to your life.
Don't Panic! This dish will not make you pregnant, fertility is one of the base energies behind creative inspirations and general motivations.
Leave a comment