Lets face it, when it comes to dinner for most of us, even when planned ahead, by the time its time to cook we are just out of energy and want something fast, easy and healthy. Unfortunately, 2 out of 3 is usually what we get. Hello dial up! I make no secret of the fact that I am a huge fan of dinners where you can dump everything in one pot or pan and walk away for a while to chill while it cooks itself.
Seriously, if you can cut stuff up without slicing off a finger you can make this. It requires zero cooking skill and almost zero energy to make.
So, while doing my usual weekly meal and shopping list making (let me know if you want details on how I do this! It's really easy and it does save a ton of time and money) I came across this recipe that really is as tasty as it is easy. The bacon gives it an amazing smoky, salty flavor, and all the seasonings and veges blend together into something deeply savory and very satisfying. If you love your carbs (and who doesn't) it would go great over rice.
I found it on a website called All Day I Dream About Food. Honestly, this woman has the most amazing low carb recipes I have found. Yes, this is low carb, and keto, and its a very simple sheet pan recipe. So yay! Only one pan to wash.
I made one small change to this recipe, purely for convenience. She uses Avocado Oil to drizzle over the vegetables. I don't have that in the house, so I just used Olive oil. You can use either melted butter, or melted coconut oil, I prefer the energy and taste of butter myself so that's what I used.
You can also download the recipe from the files section of the Zinzeudo Tribe Facebook group.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Calories: 437 kcal
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts quartered
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, garlic, ¾ teaspoon of the salt, ½ teaspoon of the pepper, cumin, paprika, coriander, and cayenne. Brush the mixture over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and bacon. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Spread the vegetables out in a rimmed baking sheet. Place the chicken thighs on top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center of the chicken thighs registers 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Turn on the broiler and set the pan on the second highest rack of the oven. Broil 2 to 4 minutes to brown the chicken.
Butter: spirituality, communication, reconciliation, enhancing energies
Garlic: protection, health, strength, endurance, male fertility, male potency, courage, inspiration
Salt: protection, banishing, exorcism
Black Pepper: cleansing, purification, banishing, protection
Cumin: Exorcism, fidelity, love, protection
Paprika: Boosting spellwork, energy, fidelity, hex breaking, love
Coriander: healing, love, marriage blessing
Cayenne Pepper: Fidelity, hex breaking, love
Chicken: health, healing, fertility, nurturing
Cauliflower: lunar, female, cycles, feminine
Brussels Sprouts: Health, Wealth, Strength
Bacon: Strength; fertility; luck; prosperity; longevity. Pork enhances the energies of any foods it is combined with.
Olive oil: Fidelity, marriage, peace, protection.